Thursday 11 February 2016

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf



For Christmas I bought my Fiancé tickets to see David Haye at the O2 Arena in London. We hadn't been to the O2 before and so I wanted to make a weekend of it and book a hotel to stay the night.
I searched on the internet for hotels near the arena and came across Radisson Blu Edwardian which is just across the river from the O2 - perfect!

I actually booked through LateRooms.com as it was a lot cheaper, because of the location you can imagine it's in the higher price range.
After happily booking I wanted to look at a possible upgrade and maybe added extras to the room so I gave the hotel a call direct.
I spoke to the lovely Cleo who I informed the night was a Christmas present but it was also our 10th anniversary last month upon doing this Cleo confirmed they could add rose petals on the bed and a swan towel origami which I was really pleased about, I then asked about upgrades and after discussing options I upgraded to a river view room - I was not expecting the view we had!

When we arrived at the hotel we were really impressed with the location, I can imagine in the Summer sitting by the river with a cocktail is even better!.
The reception was lovely and the staff are all very friendly. What's even better is there is a sweet cart you can help yourself to!



After checking in very swiftly we made our way to our room, I was very excited to see what the upgrade had to offer and wasn't expecting to how amazing it was when I opened the door....






The view of the O2 arena from our window was amazing, we were both totally blown away. The rose petals and swan origami towels on the bed was a lovely touch and they had also put chocolate covered strawberries (definitely a winner with me) and a lovely card on the side for us.
They really made it feel that extra bit special.



The bathroom was also very impressive and with a great view, although if you do happen to stay here please remember it's not privacy glass if you do take a bath!
One thing I didn't do was take a photo of the shower which was one of those with the giant flat shower heads and was amazing!



The view of the O2 was even more breathtaking at night when it's all lit up and reflecting over the Thames.

We also had breakfast which was lovely, it was a buffet breakfast although if you wanted to you could fill out the breakfast card in your room to order room service for the morning.
Typically I didn't take photos (I was too excited to get tucked in) but I had pancakes with maple syrup, strawberries and bacon which was delicious. There was also full English breakfast, meats, cereals, A la carte menu to order things like eggs benedict, pancakes etc.

Overall I'd highly recommend anyone to stay here whether it be for an event at the O2 or a romantic getaway.
We will definitely be returning and I look forward to it already.

If you'd like to book a night you can check out their website here.

Maxine x
Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin'

1 comment :

  1. Looks like a lovely hotel and the view is so nice!! I'm going to have to go look at this now :) Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete